What is a GOBO? A gobo is much like a stencil or photographic slide. They can be used to project an image. GOBOs are the one of hottest things for wedding and other special events. It’s your day to be the star why not put your name in lights? Or you can have any number of special images projected to add drama and style to your wedding reception. You could have your initials, a posh monogram, your names or the logo from your invitations for example. You can incorporate your wedding colors with your GOBO or a graphic design that will tied in with your wedding theme. Your wedding is your day to be a star, so why not put your name in lights? Using a special fixture coupled with a custom made GOBO Quantum Productions can project your names, monogram, wedding date and/or design elements onto a wall or the dance floor. This will add a personal touch to the décor of the day and can be customized to match design elements from your stationery, invitations or the graphic on the bottom of your photo booth strips. For more information about GOBO possibilities call us.
- Metal gobos require "bridging" which connect the lines necessary to maintain the overall appearance and integrity of the image. The artwork is etched out of metal and the light shines through the cut area. Steel GOBOs are the most common way to project short phrases such as your initials, wedding date or names and limited background designs. Steel GOBOs are cut in a tab design much like stencils and your projection will be in a single color and tone of light.
- Glass GOBOs are similar to steel but are made of layers of dichroic glass. Glass gobos don't require any "bridging" since they are printed directly on a piece of glass. Glass GOBOs also provide a bright, crisp, easy to read image but you have a much greater choice of image and the ability to incorporate multiple colors into your design.Unlike steel gobos, glass gobos have different levels depending on the number of colors you require. The most cost effective is a simple Black & White Glass Gobo which is similar to a steel gobo but doesn't require "bridging" and offers the ability to have shading (Grayscale Glass Gobo). If you would like to reuse your wedding GOBO in the future such as for anniversaries glass is a better choice.
- Two color COBOs are created by overlapping a black filter and then one more dichroic color filters. Beyond grayscale glass gobos there are also 1-color, 2-color, and full color glass gobos. Please note that while white light is not considered a color, the black blocking plate is. This means if you wanted a logo with both blue and white light you would need a 2-color glass gobo (blue color + black blocking plate). While it's possibly to make a gobo without this black blocking plate it will result in a washed out logo. We can customize your GOBO to make your wedding or special event truly memorable.
- This is for the light in which is required for a gobo to be projected on any surface.
- You can add depth, interest and impact with GOBO texture lighting. This technique uses light to generate dimension and visual interest. GOBOs with various special designs cut into them creates patterns or ‘’texture’’ on the dance floor, walls, cake, or other areas where you want to attract attention. You can choose from our standard designs or we will customize a GOBO for your unique needs.